Sex offenders are residing in almost every city now and growing, with iDentityPi you can have instant access to all sex offender registries in the U.S., including almost a half million photo. Stay in the know…. start protecting your family today with our National Sex Offender Registry Report.
This is something to think about….
Somewhere in America, a woman is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. Approximately 68% of rape victims knew their assailant.
Sex Crimes Statistics
From the Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network and the U.S. Department of Justice
- Somewhere in America, a woman is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes.
- Approximately 68% of rape victims knew their assailant.
- One of every four rapes takes place in a public area or in a parking garage.
- 29% of female victims reported that the offender was a stranger.
- 68% of rapes occur between the hours of 6 PM and 6 AM.
- At least 45% of rapists were under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- In 29% of rapes, the offender used a weapon.
- In 47% of rapes, the victim sustained injuries other than rape injuries.
- 75% of female rape victims require medical care after the attack.
- According to the American Psychological Association Presidential Task Force on Violence and the Family, approximately one-third of all juvenile victims of sexual abuse are children younger than 6 years old.
- One in two rape victims is under age 18; one in six is under age 12.
- About 81% of rape victims are white; 18% are black; 1% are other races.
- Teens 16 to 19 were three and one-half times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.
- Those with a household income under $7,500 were twice as likely as the general population to be victims of a sexual assault.
Let us see how much we know-and see how much of what we think has been based on the myths we have all heard about sexual assault and sex offenders.
Most men who commit sexual offenses do not know their victim?
False. 90% of child victims know their offender, with almost half of the offenders being a family member. Of sexual assaults against people age 12 and up, approximately 80% of the victims know the offender.
Most sexual assaults are committed by someone of the same race as the victim?
True. Most sexual assaults are committed by someone of the same race as the victim. An exception to this is that people who commit sexual assault against Native Americans are usually not Native American (American Indians and Crime, 1999).
National Sex Offender